Basic Care for Giant African Land Snails
- A clean, fresh, warm and damp environment should be provided, usually within a tank of some kind.
- The tank should be heated to between 20-26°C. This can be done using a heat mat.
- Substrate such as soil or moss should be provided so your snails can burrow.
- Substrate should be changed when it starts to look dirty - usually around once a week, depending on the number of snails you have.
- The tank should be wiped down regularly, as needed, and thoroughly rinsed out about one a month.
- Fresh food should be provided every day. All food should be washed thoroughly and old food removed from the tank after one or two days.
- A supply of calcium should also be available at all times.
- Bathe your snails regularly - roughly once a month.
- Regularly check for eggs and destroy them if you can’t keep or re-home them.